Statement of Objectives
Overall, Addison seeks to strive for those changes that will preserve and enhance its rural and agricultural character. Specifically, Addison seeks to:
- Promote and maintain conditions that ensure the health, safety, and welfare of its residents.
- Preserve agricultural land and farming.
- Conserve its environmental assets, such as scenic vistas, forestland, wetlands,open waterways, deeryards, the Dead Creek area, Snake mountain, and Lake Champlain.
- Explore small home-based businesses and small, clean, light industries compatible with the surrounding land use to help stabilize the tax base.
- Explore responsible use and development of our natural resourses for recreational uses such as hiking, biking, snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, fishing, boating and swimming.
- Provide for a range of property development opportunities, while protecting neighboring property values.
- Provide for planned Unit Development (PUD) as a way to preserve agricultural, open, and forest lands, and still provide development opportunities.
- Plan for economic and population growth within the capacity of existing and planned municipal and public facilities.
- Foster conditions that provide adequate housing consistant with anticipated population growth and facilities.
- Encourage the use of renewable energy sources compatible with environmentally and economically sound practices in order reduce dependence upon imports and nonrenewable energy resources.
- Seek to plan in harmony with the planning efforts of surrounding towns.
The Town of Addison accepts no liability for the content of this website, or the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed by the Town of Addison in a signed writing. The Town of Addison accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this website or any links or attachments.