THE ADDISON SCHOOL HISTORY
In 1784 The Town of Addison had two school districts. By 1953 the town had up to twelve separate school districts. School houses were located so that every child had access to a school within a two mile walk or less. When these separate, distinct and unequal districts unified, they became what we now know as the Addison Central School. The 7th and 8th graders later joined other area students at Vergennes Union High School. A consolidation which has benefited generations of Addison children.
In 1955 and 1956 some Addison Central School Alumni granted interviews of their school day rememberances. You can read this collection at:
Addison School 1955 Interviews
Please take a moment and visit the Addison Central School page on this website.
The Town of Addison accepts no liability for the content of this website, or the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed by the Town of Addison in a signed writing. The Town of Addison accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this website or any links or attachments.